Day 40 – pray for Yourself
The last way in which I will cover in this 40 ways to pray is probably the most important. We need to start first of all by praying for ourselves.
Like when on an airplane we are told that in the event of an emergency to put our mask on first before assisting others. You know why? Because if you run out of oxygen then you will pass out and not be able to help anyone – including yourself.
So our prayers should start by lifting up our Father and Creator, and then ask for several things in our life.
I believe our daily prayers for ourselves should include at a minimum the following:
- Forgiveness – we should always start by asking God to forgive the sins we have committed against Him so He can hear us pray to Him.
- Daily portion – nourishment, rest and guidance for the day
- Wisdom – to know the wise thing to do and the courage to do it
- Humble – a posture of putting God 1st, and me 2nd
- Protection – from the evil one who wants to devour and divide
- Power – to stand strong against the evil one and the courage to battle sin
- Guard my heart – we need to be careful, because what goes into the heart comes out in the life
My Prayer for Today
Jesus thank you for the ability to talk directly to You and to hear from you. Please forgive me when I count you as anything but first in my life. Show me today what it is that would be pleasing for me to do for You today. I pray in the only name that I know how – the wonderful name of Jesus!